On behalf of the staff at Ankeny Community School District, we welcome you! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve a lifetime of personal success. We recognize that in order to be successful, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities.
We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that they:
- Attend daily with on-time arrival and are ready for the day’s learning experience
- Complete all homework assignments given by teachers
- Read daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Share school experiences with you so that you are aware of their school life
- Inform you of needing additional support in any area or subject
- Know that you expect your student to succeed in school and go on to college