Parkview 20-21 Yearbook
The Parkview Middle School yearbook is being printed right now. We ordered a limited amount of extras – click here to reserve your copy today!
They will be delivered toward the end of the school year. Don’t miss out on the memories and the celebration of the year!!
To see a glimpse of the yearbook, click here.
Any questions, please contact Yearbook Advisor Leah Preisser at firstname.lastname@example.org
5th Graders Transitioning to PV 6th Grade this Fall
Are you going to be a sixth grader next fall at Parkview? Click here to see our “Transitions to Parkview, Navigating 5th to 6th grade Parkview transitions”.
To sign up for Leadership Camp, please click on this link: Parent Instructions PV Leadership Camp Registration InTouch.
Instructions to purchase supply kits, please click on this link: Parent Instructions PV School Supply Kit(s) in Touch.
Here are also 2 Videos for you to watch:
Big to Small https://youtu.be/WytEetYjmxI
IMPORTANT! Changes Starting May 3rd on First Street
I have driven by Parkview several times this afternoon monitoring the changes emerging that will impact all of us on Monday morning:
- You can only enter Parkview main lot from the westbound lane east of Parkview in the north lane. (Even writing this is confusing). Essentially you will want to come from Ankeny Blvd heading to Parkview and stay in the far right lane.
- We can only turn right out of the main Parkview lot. There are physical barriers preventing us from going straight ahead.
- Heading from the west to the east (fire station to Ankeny Blvd) there are NO left turns.
- All access roads that lead to West First Street from the south are closed down to Southwest 2nd Street, including SW Logan, SW School, SW Pleasant, SW Walnut. It appears SW Cherry will remain open at this time.
- You can still enter the north PV/Terrace Parking lot from West First Street and from Northwest 5th Street.
- There are a lot of new street lines being painted now and up to about 8:00pm today. There are a lot of new cones being placed in many lanes east and west bound West First Street.
- Go slow. Allow an extra 10-15 minutes in the morning and afternoon in case traffic flow locks up and you have to wait in a long line on West First Street.
- All students walking home need to use traffic-light controlled intersections (West First Street and Ash Street (following sidewalk north of the bandshell); and the crosswalk at School Street and NW 5th Street (no light).
- Watch for student traffic and for other drivers.
- We are opening our Parkview doors for supervision for students starting at 7:50 through the remainder of this school year. Kids may be dropped off at 7:50 and enter through Student Entrance where they will then proceed to the main gym. At 8:00, students will be dismissed to their period 1 class. Regular 8:00 drop off and entrance door assignments and routines remain the same.
Crossing First Street Change Beginning April 19
Starting Monday afternoon, April 19th, the Parkview Middle School students will need to cross West First Street at School Street, and not at Ash Drive.
This will remain in effect for the foreseeable future, with the west leg of School Street functioning as the crossing for Parkview Middle School.
The City’s contractor will begin removing traffic signal pole footings at Ash Drive starting at 9:00 A.M. on Monday, which necessitates this switch to School Street.
L.E.A.D. Council Helping Make Emergency Shelter Bags
Parkview’s LEAD Council has chosen to lead a community project of making Emergency Shelter bags for individuals who have to be displaced from their homes for emergency reasons. We are needing donations of basic supplies to fill our bags. Collection of the items will go through April 29th. If you would like to help, the following items are things needed:
- Toothpaste (travel size preferred)
- Deodorant (travel size preferred)
- Wet wipes (travel size preferred)
- Trail mix (individual packages)
- Beef stick/jerky (individual packages)
- Socks (individual pairs) (unused or lightly worn)
- Individual bar soap
- Shampoo (travel size preferred)
- Bandaids (travel size or a small box)
- Comb/Small brush
Chorus & Band Concerts Coming in May!
Parkview band and chorus students will perform concerts in May. They will be at the Ankeny Bandshell, just a couple of blocks west of our school!
Tuesday, May 11 – 6th Grade Vocal at 6:45pm
Thursday, May 13 – 7th Grade Band at 6:45 pm
Tuesday, May 18 – 7th Grade Vocal at 6:45pm
Thursday, May 20 – 6th Grade Band at 6:45 pm
6TH GRADE PARENTS….IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON YOUR CHILD’S IMMUNIZATIONS!
First Street Construction Begins March 22
The city has begun construction to widen First Street west-bound starting near Ankeny Boulevard extending to Scott Street. This multiple phase project will likely impact Parkview traffic beginning Monday, March 22. The ATTACHED information will help you with your child’s drop off and pick up. 3.21 Parent Comm West 1st Street Construction